Please bear in mind that leading a walk involves far more than just finding the way. The leader also has to ensure that no-one gets lost, that the group causes the minimum of disturbance to livestock and crops when crossing farm land, and that everyone arrives back at the right time. When walking with the group, please try to make the leader's job easier by observing these common-sense rules.
- DO NOT WALK TOO FAR AHEAD OF THE LEADER
- OBSERVE THE COUNTRY CODE - In particular, close gates if you are the last one through them (unless they are obviously intended to be left open), and do not leave litter.
- WALK IN SINGLE FILE THROUGH CROPS
- TELL THE LEADER IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE THE MAIN GROUP
- DOGS MUST BE KEPT UNDER CONTROL AT ALL TIMES (Please read the section on our Policy regarding dogs on rambles).